Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The U.S. And The Egyptian Revolution Jan. 25,2011


When I was a kid at school and during Nasser's time in Egypt I used to get aid from the U.S., butter, mail, eggs...etc. Even though Nasser was acting as an enemy for the U.S. but actually he was one of the biggest friend in the world that what I discovered later when I grew up and became a tour guide. 

When I was jobless in 1997 I was hired by an American firm named Oceanic Contractors. My heart was full of hatred to the capitalists and the U.S. but I needed this job. During my work for this firm I came to learn that the U.S. is one of the best dreams for anyone in the world and not 100% evil. It is just the problem of Israel that made this impression in heads of the Egyptians.

When I became a tour guide I was hired to guide a member of the American Embassy in Cairo. That was during the Iran problem. I asked him a question: We understand that Shah Iran was the American soldier in the Middle East why American did not support him any more?. He said : we used to respect the information that he gave us about the situation in Iran and we discovered that he cheated us and gave us false information and we decided to get our information by our own methods and don't need him anymore.

During Mubarak's time from 1981 till 2011 we felt the heavy support from the U.S. against the Egyptians. When the revolution erupted in Jan. 25, 2011 we felt the same support from the U.S. to him and that was clear when we saw US Embassy van runs over 20 Egyptian protesters at high speed!  Watch it here we feel in Egypt that the U.S. accepted the results of the Egyptian Revolution reluctantly . Why the U.S. back up such bad heads until it is too late. We hoped that the U.S. can make more friendships with the Egyptians and help them to get freedom and justice.


No comments:

Post a Comment